ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Have i fubared my rear heated window

Leon TDI

After buying my ClioSport window sticker, i thought while i was at it, i would remover the Reno Elf sticker and the Dealers sticker from the rear window.

The dealers sticker came off easy, but the Elf sticker was a little bugger to remove.
I eventually got him off, but it also took some of the gold plating from the heat strips with it.
It was only the surface colouring, and the heat strips are still in place on the window, without a break.
But knowing my luck, ive arsed the heated strips up.

Has anyone else performed an Elf-a-sectomy on their sticker without damaging the heat strips?

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Youll find out next time it steams up. I believe you can buy like a liquid metal paint to carefully paint on with a fine brush to repair it.

190 BHP Willy 2

Did you use a hair dryer/heat gun to heat the sticker? That way it would of come off with out the heated rear screen strips.

Although as mentioned above you can buy the liquid metal repair kits.

Leon TDI

No i done it in the cold.
I heated my ClioSport sticker before i applied it tho.
I used a stanley knife blade to get under one edge of the elf sticker, then it peeled off.