ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Have I got the wrong wheels?? :-( (R5)

133/225/CLS AMG
Right, I bought some rims for my Renault 5. Size wise compared to the arches they look like they're gonna fit no problem.

Only thing is, Halfords didn't have the 'fitting kit' for them. From what I gathered a 'fitting kit' is a set of bolts for it. Well thankfully I've got a set of bolts that were never used when I had my 172 so I thought I'd have a got at fitting em.

As you can see from the pics, there's more than one set of bolt holes in the wheels so I assume that is what makes it a multi fit wheel. Anyway, I don't seem to be able to get the holes in the wheels to match the holes on my hubs!!!! :(

Details of the wheels are as follows -

195/50/15
PCD 4x100/108
ET38

Now I dont know what the last to rows of those details mean so anyone please tell me if they are the wrong wheels for the car or should I just take it to a tyre fitter to get them to do it???**

RipspeedRims.jpg

**I'm not a complete r****d, I have changed wheels before but I just can't get em to fit!!! lol

mk1 RT
they should fit as its the 4 x 100 you need it will be the holes that are closer together that you need

the et is about right but i am not to sure

i think you will need different bolts than standard to fit them but thats all

133/225/CLS AMG
In that case I'll get em down to a tyre fitter and see if they can get em on a bit easier. It might just be me being cack handed or indeed Halfords labelling them wrong.

1.6 focus zetec....
If you havent got the spiggot rings the bolt holes wont line up... You can put a wheel on without a spiggot but it is NOT advised as the wheel will wobble and slowly but surely the bolts will come loose and finally out!!

Kiza

133/225/CLS AMG
Thats obviously something in the 'fitting kit' halfords are on about. Will have to wait for that to arrive then.

Weird thing was I got Wolfrace rims for my old 172 and it came with spiggot rings. But the rear ones were needed but the front ones went straigh on and never caused any bother.