ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

have i over payed for a cat d 172 ????

clio 172 exclusive c
will do as soon as a got it it went to get sorted . its a really dark blue colour , not standard wheels tho

images

clio mk1 RSI
www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?128867-FG03-FRP
found this old post on here giving it a mention

clio 172 exclusive c
  clio mk1 RSI
there is a chance the V5 could be wrong, I've seen this in the past though not very common. Ask the person you bought it from if they applied for a new V5 , then get in touch with the DVLA and get it changed.

clio 172 exclusive c
there is a chance the V5 could be wrong, I've seen this in the past though not very common. Ask the person you bought it from if they applied for a new V5 , then get in touch with the DVLA and get it changed.

came from a dealer , will have to contact him i think

clio mk1 RSI
I wouldnt worry then , if the dealer has a good rep, but i would never take there word on an HPI check , always do your own.
probs just an IT error at dvla because they couldnt find the correct model.

clio 172 exclusive c
I wouldnt worry then , if the dealer has a good rep, but i would never take there word on an HPI check , always do your own.
probs just an IT error at dvla because they couldnt find the correct model.

smallish car sales , so r they any good ???? had evos scooby focus st and type r b4 !!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Something is very dodgy about this car.

Why?? Have you seen it?

No, thought not. Keep your opinions to yourself until you know all of the facts.

Cars get registered wrongly at the DVLA all of the time. I've currently got a 2007 Seat Altea on my forecourt thats down as a Stylance but its a sport. Last month I had a BMW that was an SE but was on the logbook as a sport. DVLA make mistakes.

All ''whydidibuyfrench'' needs to do is get a lettr from a renault dealer stating the cars correct model and send it to the DVLA and they'll issue him with a new V5 with the correct details.

You're scaring the bloke for no reason without knowing what you're talking about.

Why?? Have you seen it?

No, thought not. Keep your opinions to yourself until you know all of the facts.

Cars get registered wrongly at the DVLA all of the time. I've currently got a 2007 Seat Altea on my forecourt thats down as a Stylance but its a sport. Last month I had a BMW that was an SE but was on the logbook as a sport. DVLA make mistakes.

All ''whydidibuyfrench'' needs to do is get a lettr from a renault dealer stating the cars correct model and send it to the DVLA and they'll issue him with a new V5 with the correct details.

You're scaring the bloke for no reason without knowing what you're talking about.

My Clio was down as blue when it's silver so yeah it does happen quite a lot I wouldn't worry to much mate.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
£1500 for a standard cat d 172 seems well over the top to me. You could probably have got a similar car that wasn't a write off for the same price. However, its not a great deal of money so i wouldn't worry about it.

clio 172 cup
i don't really think i should matter should it? i guess from the work it had done that it was vandalised at some point ei. the windows and paint screams of keys and bricks to me so y should that effect the price if the work is good? if the paint is clear and the right colour and the windscreen is such that bugs don't hit u in the face then its worth every penny of one that hasn't had a hard time . it just needs love :) if its a nice one which from thhe sounds of belt and mileage it is then its worth every penny of its £1500.
sorry rant over ;)

ITB'd MK1
Why?? Have you seen it?

agree whole heartedly. I've seen no end of 200sx's that have "executive" on the logbook, 3 of my own had it, but they were all 1993 models and the exec was only made in 1991. Pure and simple DVLA oversight.

I also bought a green mk1 golf once, and the logbook said silver. I found the VIN plate and it said something like "Silbergrun" which i assume referred to the light metallic green it was (imagine metallic snot) clearly been mis-read as silver from new.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
yup ive had the DVLA be wrong. My mk1 cabby was down as a tin top. wouldnt worry too much, just enjoythe car

yup ive had the DVLA be wrong. My mk1 cabby was down as a tin top. wouldnt worry too much, just enjoythe car

This. ^^^

You assume that all the info the DVLA hold is correct. Far from it.
On older cars from the 60s and 70s it's even worse.

Wrong or no colour, wrong or no model, incomplete VIN numbers. Some don't even show a manufacturer.

PH1 172
1) It's not a 172 exclusive but a monaco blue 172 - So the V5 is wrong and for piece of mind check with Renault (although careful they may say it's a 1.2 as their systems can be a pain as well) once you know what's what, get the V5 changed if it bothers you mate.

2) £1500 for a CAT D is a tad on the high side but if it's been done properly, MOT & TAX as you say then don't worry about the little eatra you paid just enjoy the car :)

3) My father-in-laws Merc on the V5 says it is a different model to one it actually is so yes the DVLA do get it wrong mate and it may be and I hope it is as simple as that for you :)

clio 172 exclusive c
i don't really think i should matter should it? i guess from the work it had done that it was vandalised at some point ei. the windows and paint screams of keys and bricks to me so y should that effect the price if the work is good? if the paint is clear and the right colour and the windscreen is such that bugs don't hit u in the face then its worth every penny of one that hasn't had a hard time . it just needs love :) if its a nice one which from thhe sounds of belt and mileage it is then its worth every penny of its £1500.
sorry rant over ;)

cheers its all done by renault themselfs . all the paper work here so it should be the ryt colour

clio 172 exclusive c
1) It's not a 172 exclusive but a monaco blue 172 - So the V5 is wrong and for piece of mind check with Renault (although careful they may say it's a 1.2 as their systems can be a pain as well) once you know what's what, get the V5 changed if it bothers you mate.

2) £1500 for a CAT D is a tad on the high side but if it's been done properly, MOT & TAX as you say then don't worry about the little eatra you paid just enjoy the car :)

3) My father-in-laws Merc on the V5 says it is a different model to one it actually is so yes the DVLA do get it wrong mate and it may be and I hope it is as simple as that for you :)

it bothered me as i thot it was a ringer or a plug but seems ok , must be an error at dvla . very clean car just in getting a few bits n bobs fixed and changed

clio 172 exclusive c
thanks for all the info i got back ( shitting myself there for a while ) but 1500 run around for work and back aint to bad . had it put on the computer and ramp sound as i got it , needed a new set of plugs as the spanner of a previous owner put the cheap shite plugs in it , also full stainless on as the middle sections r weak and 2 rear wheel bearings being replaced also . anything else i should look out for ppl ?????

clio 172 exclusive c
sorry rant over ;)

cheers mate pics have been put up of it ( wheels r horrid tho ) lol

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
i know why cos its a import thats why it was wrong my 172 with was a import as it was fp02 uro on the v5 it said Renault Clio RL which was a model back in 1993

i wouldnt worry about it mate

RB 182
Sounds fine to me, personally I'd never buy accident repaired as they are a nightmare to pass on and I don't like the idea of not knowing the damage/ quality of repair (as anyone can say "oh it only needed a few scratches spraying") but if its had a full respray at a Renault garage then I imagine its in better condition than most up for sale!

But yeah if someones offered you £500 more than you paid sell it and get another one, there's loads to pick from.