ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Having tracking done on 182, what should i ask for?

Liquid Yellow 182
Having the tracking done at wawrick protyre soon, ive got vmaxx coilovers. At the min ive got neg 1 degree camber, so the lad i bought it off said he got done when coilovers were fitted by James Stone. What toe, camber, etc would be best for road use?

basically what im asking is for the perfect road set up?

Thanks

Blake

LY FF182
Thanks :D LY friends! Not too far from you either. I set mine to 2.4deg camber as it's on RSR tyres and doing a track day on Saturday.. Just road driving on road tyres 1.5 would be ideal I think

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Been a while since I've had any geo done to Clios, but on my last Clio I had 1.5 degrees negative camber and 3mm toe out. IIRC the toe out gives a nice little turn into corners

Liquid Yellow 182
Been a while since I've had any geo done to Clios, but on my last Clio I had 1.5 degrees negative camber and 3mm toe out. IIRC the toe out gives a nice little turn into corners

Will the 3mm toe make my tyres wear a little faster?

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Will the 3mm toe make my tyres wear a little faster?

There's going to be a compromise in tyre wear but you have to sacrifice a little to gain in other areas if that makes sense. It really depends what you want being a road car, mileage, spirited driving. I personally found it a benefit with that setup on road, take into account driving style on spirited B Road blasts.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
So 1.5 neg camber and 3mm toe out? Will see how it goes then :)

It worked for me, seemed like a good setup for road, back road blasts and the occasional trackday. The toe out was a nice little tweak and made a difference for me.

Maybe someone else has a 2nd opinion on the toe out :)

one of the reasons front wheel drive cars are toed out is because under acceleration the wheels want to pull themselves forward and this causes toe in under power. if you set up parralel you will be toed in most of the time.

Liquid Yellow 182
one of the reasons front wheel drive cars are toed out is because under acceleration the wheels want to pull themselves forward and this causes toe in under power. if you set up parralel you will be toed in most of the time.

So would you be suggesting 1.5 neg camber and 3mm toe out?

So would you be suggesting 1.5 neg camber and 3mm toe out?

i cant comment on the specifics of clio setup as i dont have one sorry. il leave that to the other guys but i would imagine factory specs would be a little toe out on front so just get a factory tracking setup and 1.5 camber sounds fine for the road. on track its not enough though.

LY FF182
3 mm toe out is huge, you'll be wearing the inners fast.. A little bit, 1mm toe out would be nice but I just think as a pure road car it doesn't it.

3mm toe out on road will be all over the place on undulating roads, I ran that on my race car on billiard table smooth tracks.
1.5mm toe out on road car is what I'm using, -1° camber on front.
If it's a track car get the geometry set up properly by a race firm.

Liquid Yellow 182
3mm toe out on road will be all over the place on undulating roads, I ran that on my race car on billiard table smooth tracks.
1.5mm toe out on road car is what I'm using, -1° camber on front.
If it's a track car get the geometry set up properly by a race firm.
Im gonna stick with 1.5 neg camber and ask them wat they think about the toe :)

Liquid Yellow 182
Going today to get it done, people telling me different things. Im defo keeping my toe to 0 amd camber. Do i do it to neg 1.5 or neg 1? Help guys :p

Liquid Yellow 182
Well protyres machine is still not up and working yet, there new machine is getting calibrated tomorrow so hopefully weds now lol. Arghh this is killing me

Pat 182

ClioSport Club Member
  cliosport 182
Dont know mate sorry but needs abit the lads where youre taking it will (should) know?!

Liquid Yellow 182
Ive not long been put and jacked up the front wheels and held 3-9 and gave them a wiggle and there is very slight movement and can hear something knocking on something when wiggling the wheels. Does somet need changing?