ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Haynes sprint video

Nice vid. Did you bother with 3rd on the first straight in any of the runs? I was hitting the limiter about a second or so before needing to brake, so there didn't seem to be much point.

Cupra
Good vid, it looked like you came close to joining the others with a bit of off roading on the first lap. Looks like fun!

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Wish i had a vid of mine now to see the difference. Very smooth and controlled as usual Mark.

mk1's will be very hard to match round there as after driver skill its gotta be weight as the most influential factor.

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
same track as we were doing lads - looks like they have removed some bushes since we were there in 2005.

Lol at hearing the stones 'ping' off the exhaust - Ahhh brings back memories.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
ukaskew said:
Nice vid. Did you bother with 3rd on the first straight in any of the runs? I was hitting the limiter about a second or so before needing to brake, so there didn't seem to be much point.

It was me pondering that exact same dilemma that caused my "off" (you can actually see the skid mark going off track on the outside of the first corner just after I turn-in).

I'd been taking 3rd each time, but only for 10-15m or so, so off I went thinking "I'll hang on to second a little longer this time", but kept my eyes on the rev counter as I didn't want to hit the limiter. The all of a sudden I was at the first turn 10-15mph faster than I'd been before...:S

Renault Clio Williams 2
MarkCup said:
Here's a clip of one of my 6.50's...and watching it back now, I can clearly see where the extra time is :mad:

I don't doubt that it's there somewhere, but I sure as hell can't see it! Fast n neat lapping :cool:

...don't think I'll be putting cameras in my car for that reason!