ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hazard light switch fault!

Westfield, 182, 200
I was away at the weekend and received a couple of texts from a neighbour saying the hazards were flashing on the wife's 182.
I thought with the heat, perhaps the alarm had gone off.

When I got home, the battery was flat, so I jump started the car to charge it up and noticed the hazards were flashing-I assumed I'd knocked the switch getting in the car from the passenger side (no central locking with the flat battery!).

Yesterday, I got home from work and noticed the hazards were flashing. I switched them off and half an hour later, they were flashing again!

I've seen several threads about this, so jammed the switch closed with a match stick and ordered a replacement!

Wonder if it's the heat that caused the switch to fail??

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Maybe it's something to do with your battery being knackered ? Why it went flat in the first place ? I know you said you jump started the car and charge it , maybe it's not holding a charge so causing something weird with your alarm / hazards . Just a thought .

Last edited:
  Westfield, 182, 200
Fitted a new switch yesterday.
Had a play with the old switch and if you give it a small tap, the button pops out!
Reckon the heat was causing something to expand and make the already faulty switch pop out and the hazards flattened the battery.
4x21w bulb=84w plus 2 x 5w side repeaters=94w on a 12.6v battery, this is 7.5amps.
8 hours flashing would be enough to kill the battery!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Fitted a new switch yesterday.
Had a play with the old switch and if you give it a small tap, the button pops out!
Reckon the heat was causing something to expand and make the already faulty switch pop out and the hazards flattened the battery.
4x21w bulb=84w plus 2 x 5w side repeaters=94w on a 12.6v battery, this is 7.5amps.
8 hours flashing would be enough to kill the battery!
Ahhhhhh right . I can see why the battery would go flat . The new switch has sorted it then ?

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
I had the same issue when it was hot, used them to say thanks and they just stayed on. Button went all floppy and misaligned. Just put another button in and been fine since