ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hazards won't go off! (172 mk2)

2014 Focus Titanium
Hey lads, just thought i'd put up a quick post!

My GF's 172 has been absoloutely fine up until now, she put the hazards on the other day and now they will not go off at all! the button will just not work. she has had to tape it in to stop them working, but obviously 15 bits of tape on the dash isnt very sightly!

anyone else had this? ive done a search but no real info.

how much would a new button cost do u think?

Cheers

Alan

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
Had the same thing happen in my 182. I wedged a tiny piece of wood in the switch and took it to Renault. They fixed it under warranty so i have no idea of the cost but it only took them 10 minutes to fit a new switch so it is not a big job.

BMW 330D
its the switch thats buggered, mine went trip down to the local scrapyard and couple of quid later and its fixed.

im going down my local scrapyard tomorrow want me to get one for you mate?

Megane Trophy
if you lever gently the panel with the hazard light switch, the central locking and heated rear screen button off, you can pull the switch out and unplug it from the loom

mine done the same and im now hunting for a switch

its a 1 minute job to fix it though

172 EXCLUSIVE
Keydogg said:
Hey lads, just thought i'd put up a quick post!

My GF's 172 has been absoloutely fine up until now, she put the hazards on the other day and now they will not go off at all! the button will just not work. she has had to tape it in to stop them working, but obviously 15 bits of tape on the dash isnt very sightly!

anyone else had this? ive done a search but no real info.

how much would a new button cost do u think?

Cheers

Alan
Same happend to me, Dont go to renault the charge about £35 ish, and that takes the piss. (£10)

I got one from ebay but quite scarce(£10)
, i'd try a scrap yard probably pick one for a few quid.

172 Cup SOLD
exactly the same happened on my Cup, had it taped down with tape to start with, but you need to sort it asap, cos a car sitting out in the sunshine gets quite hot and therefore causes the tape to peel off while your away from it, this caused a few flat batteries at work while i was away!

hazard is 22 quid from renault iirc and its a simple job, just pop the stereo out and then slide your hand in the hole above the gap for the stereo, pop the button out, and just unclip the old button and clip in the new, 2min job, tops!

2014 Focus Titanium
wow, cheers for the replies lads, didnt expect this much attention!

i will do what u guys have said, i think first ill scoot around ebay to see if i can get it cheaper, but im definitely fitting it myself whatever happens!

cheers guys!