ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HD Camcorders > Video Editing, Resizing, Converting

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
So I've recently bought a Panasonic SD10 HD Camcorder and unsuprisingly the software bundle with it isn't up to the job. Does anyone have any recomendations for video editing/resizing/converting software?

The files that come off the camera are .M2TS (AVCHD) and I'd obviously like to convert them to .mpg to make them easier to store/share.

Many thanks.

I use vegas all the time with m2ts, does it fine!

As does adobe premiere, but you have to use its 'log and transfer' tool to get them to work in the program (basicaly converts them to .mov for you)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
well yes, I figured they hadn't paid for it. I was looking for legitimate recommendations though.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Legit recommendations which are any good will cost big £££ unless you have a Mac and iMovie works great.

Mine is acctually a legit copy, lent the disks from uni and installed it ;)

mac has more options available, ie final cut express is very easy to use and get into

Rusty Cup
i was playing wid the new final cut today :D its about time they jazzed it up a bit, although i think it now means i need to recertify :(

Arctic FF 182
On Windows the software that comes with the camera seemed quite good when I used it, but that was only for a quick little video on my mates PC, I got a mac for my stuff

Better than yours. C*nt.
My Sony HD camera came with some pretty good software which does all the conversion s**t, although yes I am looking to get Vegas so as to do some proper editing rather than start/stop times and conversion.