ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HD Projector! Yey or Ney?

Civic Vtec y0
So the old telly has packed in and I am on the look out for a new one, however funds are very tight at the min so looking to spend as little as possible but still want something decent (Kinda like a Jag for Nova money type thing) So been looking at 2nd hand units but there isnt much going...

However been looking on eBay and seen that you can get projectors cheap, had a look at this one (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HD-READY-HOME...14&_trkparms=72:1690|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1308)

Would it be any good as its so cheap? Also would a pull down screen thing look stupid when it was 'put away' if you know what I mean?

Or should I just save for a decent(ish) HD Tele?

Thoughts?

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
get either an infocus x9 or an optoma hd65.. both amazing hd projectors and both can be had for under £500, i have the x9 and its amazing once set up.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
but you have to remember that the bulbs burn out in around 2000-3000 hours so they are not suitable for everyday constant use as bulbs cost £100+

Fiat Panda 100hp
Don't think I would like one to replace my tv, don't think they work great when sun light is pouring through the window.

Clio 200 Raider
Don't think I would like one to replace my tv, don't think they work great when sun light is pouring through the window.

agree tbh although, my sisters b/f is getting a projector hes going the whole way though with black out blinds and stuff to combat this problem

needs to be set up properly really i reckon if ur getting a projector although i think it would be really good once set up

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
yep they really do need calibrated for each specific room, screen, light etc, but once done, an HD projector looks immense. Y ou would also need to check your room size for throw sizes etc to work out what size screen you would need. I have an x9 with a throw distance of 15' giving me a 138" screen :)