ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HDMI Cable / Wall Mount help

Nissan Jewk
I know a lot of people over on AV Forums think that spending a lot of money on an HDMI cable is a complete waste of time, but does anyone here currently use a real quality HDMI cable that they have noticed a vast difference with using, that they can recommend?

Also can anyone recommend a fixed wall mount for a 42" plasma for under £50? I've seen a few on eBuyer, but am a bit worried about the quality of them?

Thanks!

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
unless its a very long cable just do as advised, buy as cheap as you can. As for a wall mount, check ebay. There are some very cheap ones on there and just as good as branded/more expensive ones.

LY 200
I bought a Belkin 2m cable with the TV mate - £39.99 which i suppose is mid priced!

As for the bracket i wouldnt buy cheap - I used the one i already had on my wall (from Argos) which is sturdy as f**k and really feels solid (solid as in you could hang off it solid) but we had to buy another yesterday and got it from Currys (£39.99 jobbie) for the 32 inch and its not so!

Audi TT 3.2 V6
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/fits-42-INCH-...ture?hash=item19b65dd2fb&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Ive fitted plenty of these for customers over the past 3 years or so. Never had any problems with compatability with their tv's and never had any problems with the quality of the mounts.

Obviously make sure you use a good quality fixing, my other piece of advice would be when your choosing what height to mount your tv do it sitting down with your eyes looking as close to level as possible. If you mount to tv much higher than eye height the odds are you will regret it and decide to lower the tv later on. Ive been back to lower a couple of customers tv's now who insisted on having the tv's at eye height whilst they were standing up lol.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I bought a Belkin 2m cable with the TV mate - £39.99 which i suppose is mid priced!

that's not 'mid priced' that's expensive IMO

there's no need to spend more than a tenner on an HDMI cable, as long as it's V1.3 and gold plated, then there's no advantage to paying any more

Audi TT 3.2 V6
^ Agree with that comment. Its only important to fit good quality scart cables. HDMI signals are basically a series of 0s and 1s it doesnt take an amazing cable to do that.

Rav4
Just in America at the moment, went to Best Buy yesterday and they are selling HDMI cables for stupid prices.

They add on the packaging things like, ultimate speed, 1080p certified, 10.2gbps data transfer and stuff like that crazy! most are $80 +

There was a 5m cable for $389.00!!!!

Cheap will do, digital = signal or no signal !!

hd_bandwidth.jpg