ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch cable mount snapped off box

Dave182T

ClioSport Club Member
  RB Clio 182 turbo
Right guys, looking for some advise on how i can go about fixing this of if it even is fixable?

Was fiddling about and noticed the mount for the clutch cable was a little loose, the one on the box just before it clips into the fork. Got a spanner out, went to tighten it and literally just fell away (pics below). Was wondering if welding it back up would be strong enough to hold it or if anyone has to mounted the black plate else where and still works, was thinking of mounting it around the gearbox mount, the part that mounts to the chassis.

DSC_0340[1].JPG
DSC_0341[1].JPG

any ideas welcome, Cheers

Dave182T

ClioSport Club Member
  RB Clio 182 turbo
Should be able to weld that without too much trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have absolutely no experience with welding so would be getting someone to do it. Would it be strong enough once its welded up?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Mine was snapped by a previous owner, it's been welded up and a long bolt used to hold the steel bracket on which extends back to the gearbox for additional support

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
As above, one of mines been welded and additional brace bolted on and been fine years

Dave182T

ClioSport Club Member
  RB Clio 182 turbo
Could either of you guys post a picture, so i can get an idea for the support?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
At least the bolt holding the braxcket on didn't fall out while you were on track at CSF, while going through the fastest part of the track at full blast, with your mates misses as a passenger, suddenly realising one of the pedals isn't doing anything anymore is slightly disconcerting to say the least.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
At least the bolt holding the braxcket on didn't fall out while you were on track at CSF, while going through the fastest part of the track at full blast, with your mates misses as a passenger, suddenly realising one of the pedals isn't doing anything anymore is slightly disconcerting to say the least.
And then rummaging around for some big washers and a f**king bolt😂😂

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I'm swapping over my battery tray if its dry tomorrow so can take a photo of my gearbox fix then.