ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HDMI Splitter

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Can anyone recomend a HDMI splitter?

It's only for in the bed room, so I don't want to spend huge amounts on it, but want to be able to run a PC and a DVD on HDMI if possible.

Will there be a huge loss in quality on the £5 type splitter, or will it be hard to notice unless you're looking for it?

Cheers

Deeg

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
2 leads into 1 port on the TV.

Not sure if that makes it a splitter or joiner?

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
splitter, just make sure you get an auto switching one and not hte cheapest crap you can find as they have problems with hdcp. Ebay has shitloads, even tesco sells them :)

Polo + Micra
that would be a switcher (not joiner like i said)

i bought one of these a while ago and seems to do well auto switching to the right item

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
There is one for £25 at Maplins which has auto switch and manual switch.

If it is worth getting a slightly more expensive one, then I'll do that and not bother with one of the £10 ones and then have to buy a better one anyway.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
There's that one, and then there's another one, they both look the same, except one is powered and has a remote to manually switch it.

I'm presuming the boxes like those deliver much better performance than the basic splitters like these:

resize-image.asp

Polo + Micra
that pic looks like it is 1 in and 2 out and not really work for what you need

i've got an auto one with a remote incase the auto thing didn't work with some thing