ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HDTV's, HDMI's and Hertz ????

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Reet, a mate has just got a 42" for the WC and has been asking me some Q's that i dont know the answer to so i'm turning to CS.

His TV says it has an Output of 400Hz, but when he turns it on etc with his SkyHD it says 50Hz, and he was wondering if with a better HDMI or something that could be higher and therefor better?

He mentioned someone said you want 100Hz, i always thought all TV was 50 or 60Hz, but as i said i'm unsure.

Whats the deal, how can he get the best out of the TV for SkyHD, and will the HDMI cable he got with it be good enough.

There was a thread about cheap and expensive HDMI's so i've already said that probably wont make much difference.

Anyways i hope this makes sense.

Nice one.

its doing all it ever will do hdmi makes no difference

sky is 1080I50

his tv makes up more frames to try to smoth motion on screen thats it

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Sound.

So it'll be outputting at what it can anyway.

Is there anyway to optimise that?

What's the 400Hz stuff on the box about then, or is it just numbers that make it look good.

well basically
if we take 100 hz as its easier

signal fed in is 50hz for every frame it shows it displays 2 frames to smooth out motion

with 400 every frame it shows 8 basically

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Ah so that's just what the TV will do but you don't set that... AKA it's all sweet he doesn't need ot change anything cheers mate.

nah he doesnt he should most probably change everything from what it is out of eth box but let him play

i quite often dont like the effects of 400hz etc it just looks funny to me