ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head Gasket, amount of torque on head bolts?

Clio sport
Hi i am new to clio sport as i have just been given a clio 172 2003 which has a blown head gasket. I cannot find a haynes manual for the car as i need to know how much to torque the head bolts down?

Does anybody know how much to torque the head down and in what way?
Could anybody tell me what other cars have this engine in?

Also if anybody would be able to highlight anything major i need to know about as it is my first time at stripping an engine and from the sounds of reading the different forums probably not the best one to start with.

-I have taken the whole engine and gear box out.

-I started marking the cam pulleys to find out i could get my rocker cover off, and i marked my crankshaft pulley up to find out there was no woodruff key and the shaft isnt even tapered? so to me its just the load on the bolt which seems a bit weak??

- Now my timing is messed up lol so i have brought the laser tools timing kit, anybody know which pin to use the one with the bit of thread on the shaft or the other?

- Head is now off and i checked to see if it was warped and i had 10 thou out across the middle so i got it skimmed.

- Once i have put the head back together i am not sure how much torque needs to be applied to the head bolts?

- And finally any advice when putting the cambelt back together?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks tom

ITB'd 172 POPTART
http://shiyanthegreat.com/Clio2/F4R_730.pdf

This will help mate :)

The laser cam locking tool is pump iirc as someone on here said.

Where it is measured for torque in da.nm that means you need to x10

For example 2.2da.nm = 22nm torque and I'm not sure there in any angular torque involved with the head bolts but there is an order in the guide to do them

Also if you become a forum member it'll be in guides section how to time it iirc

Peace

Craig