ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

head gasket went on 1.2 8v.. can it be fixed???

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
basically came back from my gf's early yesterday morning & driving along i notice the temp light come on.. lil bit further on it gets higher, at this point i started to worry as i was going along county roads & could not see my self parking on blind bends on natinal speed limit roads,so i wack the fan heater on full & only cold air flows ( so i assumeing the thermostat is jamed, not allowing the coolant to flow around the heater matrix, so i turn off the motor & coast to the nearest drive way, i open my bonnet to find every thing soaking wet / steaming.. i turned every thing off to try prevent any electrical arcing.. so after work i return to the car n every things dry, fill it with water, checked it, then did the 4 miles back to my gfs house, now theres steam/water coming out of the exhaust so its def got a leak to one of the cylinders & i can hear miss fire on idle as well:dapprove: .. question is as it can be started no prob do you reckon the head could be okay? as i've seen head gasket kits on ebay for £25 & since the engine could be shot already i cant see things being worse if i b****cks it up.. so you engine guru's does it sound like my heads shot if it still seems to run? not having a car is really not great & this thing has given me nothing but trouble:(

Thanks,
James

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Oh & another thing, if it can be fixed how can i remove the shite in the motor, the mayonase on the filler cap that is, would just an oil change do the job if the head can be fixed?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
So you reckon i should just try instal a new head gasket kit & chuck some new oil in & see how it goes?

www.renparts.co.uk
id just get a new engine as its not going to have done it any good imo. Probs going to cause you problems, theyre easy to change and cheap.