ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head Unit Advice

'03 172, E39 M5
Hi guys

I don't really know much about head units, hence my post! Car is a Ph2 172, and currently has a Sony (don't know the model) head unit and multichanger, both of which work with the stalks. The only reason I'm looking for a change is that neither the changer nor the head unit can play MP3s. What's the best approach to get MP3 compatibility? Be good to keep the stalks if possible, but it's not the end of the world, and I'm not too bothered about the multichanger, as I can put half a dozen albums on an MP3 CD anyway.

Also, I don't want to spend too much (definitely sub-£100) and will be installing it myself, so advice on stereo removal/installation, extra parts (adaptors/tools) needed, and extra facia pieces etc would be much appreciated!

ETA - I'm thinking if I go for a Sony unit installation should be straightforward - is that right?

Cheers

Neal

Last edited:
  Mk3 clio 1.5
they will have purchased the adapter to plug in the stereo to use with the stalks, these are around £15-£20. if its already installed, then it will work with any cd player

Listerine & Poledo
they will have purchased the adapter to plug in the stereo to use with the stalks, these are around £15-£20. if its already installed, then it will work with any cd player

provided it's a Sony CD player.

So find a SOny head unit with iPod connection. You wont need a CD changer any more anyway.