ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head unit cage wont fit

Corsa SXi
Got a new CD player today however the cage doesn't seem to fit in the slot, am i doing something wrong? im assuming it should just slide straight in?

In what way does it not fit?

If it's single DIN (you'd be a massive idiot to be trying to put a double DIN into a single DIN slot as it's twice as tall) then it should fit.

1) Remove Renault HU
2) Insert cage
2a) Optional: bend neccessary tabs to ensure good fit

Done.

Corsa SXi
haha no its a single DIN but i can't even insert the cage a little bit, it just wont fit in, i'll try to get a picture

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I had the same problem when fitting one in my clio.. it was a bit of a squeeze but it does fit

Corsa SXi
I had the same problem when fitting one in my clio.. it was a bit of a squeeze but it does fit

I'll have another go in a minute then

Heres what I mean

photo 2.jpgphoto 3.jpg

BlackGold 182
I recently bought a head unit and it doesn't go back far enough to stay flush, it must be hitting the little lump on plastic in behind? Any ideas?

Kieran it'll be the wiring harness. You need to tuck the harness and connectors down the hole at the back on the left.
It takes a bit of fiddling but can be done.

Joshie from your picture it looks like you've already got another cage in there!?
Unless that other metal bit is the headunit?
You need to put the cage in first. take whatever is in there out. And the cage will go in.

Corsa SXi
James thats the cd player itself, i tried putting the cage in by itself but i couldn't do it, then i tried putting it in whilst the cage was already on the cd player, basically trying all different ways to get the cage into the slot. I think i may have managed to do it now because where I have kept trying to force it in, it has scraped some of the plastic away from the surround lip and creating just that 1mm or so to let the cage fit in