ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head unit/CD problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter fletchie
  • Start date Start date
F

fletchie

Hi, I've recenty noticed that my CD player will 'jump' and it seems to happen if I go over a bump in the road and also when I have changed gear!

I've looked at the CD's to check for scratches and I've changed them and it still happens. Perhaps there is a loose connection somewhere - anybody heard of this happening before? Its really beginning to p**s me off!

Cheers.
 
Happens to mine alot but only when the cars just started after bout 15 mins once the cd player has heated up everythings fine
 
can happen the CD players have an anti shock system, where it need to spool upto speed, if you hit a bump before it has time to gett upto speed it'll jump you could just be unlucky, the changing gear us a bit un usual though, are your changes ferocious or jerky?
i dunno about cars anti-shock but on walkmans they read the disks faster than they play them and they records a couple minutes of the CD ahead of where its playing , so if you hit a bump it plays the recording to allow the CD to spool back up, but i dunno if thats how car cds work
 
Back
Top