ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head Unit Earth

Twingo 133

I am just installing my headunit (right now) and have to conect it to a suitable earth.

what would be suitable in a mk1 clio?

I have noticed that there is a big metal plate behind where the head unit goes, which goes right down to the bottom. would this be suitable?

the cable isnt too long.

Thanks.

Skoda Fabia vRS

is it an Alpine by any chance ?

on mine, in the drivers side footwell, there is like a footrest next to the clutch pedal, if you take the screw out of that and remove it, ive got mine in the hole where the screw goes, jus screwed the cover/footrest back in over it

Twingo 133

Yea it is a alpine.

I have connected it to the metal plate at the back of the headunit holder. at the bottom as this seems attached to the main part of the car.

itll be fine as long as uve connected it to a piece of metal thats mates cleanly to the cars chassis...always clean the area well with sandpaper to ensure a good earth...