ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head unit w. stalkcontrols and display

Astra 1.9cdti XP

As the title says really which head units will keep the Renault display and stalk controls completely. I have heard that only Sony units will do this but Id rather have a Kenwood or Pioneer!

if youve got money to spend on the cables, any one can do it. but theyre expensive for the adapters.

Laguna

I am selling a Kenwood adapter for the Kenwood headunits, most work with it, if anyones interested. Cost £60 will sell for a snip of that, say £30. Cheers

Kenwood released a renault specific HU that does work with the display.

Some Alpine units have the facility for the display as Tom says but afaik they havent actually released the cables/adaptor to do it.

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Quote: Originally posted by Pete_172 on 13 September 2004

Kenwood released a renault specific HU that does work with the display.

Some Alpine units have the facility for the display as Tom says but afaik they havent actually released the cables/adaptor to do it.
Do you know which Kenwood unit?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Pete_172 on 13 September 2004

Yes they have!

Kce 940b.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

Anyone know if the Pioneer p77 does both?

Thinking of buying one for my 182.

Cheers

if anyone is selling a cable to connect the kenwood 9527 to the clios stalk and display, PM me! i will buy off you.

I just had an email back from car audio direct saying that there is no cable that connects the headunit to the clio display!

Stuart

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

Quote: Originally posted by M.C.. on 13 September 2004
no the p77 dont do both i have one in my 182 and only the control works

Shame that, i was gonna get one:(

Looks like an Alpine unit will have to do.

Hello Everyone.

I have exactly the same dilemma at the mo, so I hope you can narrow things down a bit for me. Basically I have three options of what to go for (ones that have the features I want and I like), they are as follows

1) Pioneer DEHP8600MP

2) Sony CD Tuner CDXM9900

3) or as a final and last option Alpine CDA9833R

Which do you think would the best be to get? If someone could narrow down what would work with each option, ie the display and stalk controls that would be great, and even more helpful which leads I would need even though I would be having it proffesionally fitted.

P.S From reading another thread I take it that none of these would work ith the multi changer?

Black 172

I am also after a different cd player but not sure on what to get , spotted a panasonic one on the net, but dont want to loose my controls. Not too bothered about the display

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Quote: Originally posted by Brum Man on 16 September 2004

Hello Everyone.

I have exactly the same dilemma at the mo, so I hope you can narrow things down a bit for me. Basically I have three options of what to go for (ones that have the features I want and I like), they are as follows

1) Pioneer DEHP8600MP

2) Sony CD Tuner CDXM9900

3) or as a final and last option Alpine CDA9833R

Which do you think would the best be to get? If someone could narrow down what would work with each option, ie the display and stalk controls that would be great, and even more helpful which leads I would need even though I would be having it proffesionally fitted.

P.S From reading another thread I take it that none of these would work ith the multi changer?

I have the Renault In Car Entertainment catalogue in front of me and it says that sony unit will work with both controls and display. Renault only seem to include sony units in the brouchure and it must be for this reason!

COuld I be a pain Dangermouse and ask what the code is for that particular cable as Im not in the market for the stereo at the mo, get the car on Sunday and then got the girlfriend to cough up my birthday money, but if I had the code it would be useful for the future,

Cheers.

DRNS003

Check with mne though, I may still have it.

Quote: Originally posted by dangermouse_se on 17 September 2004

I have a Sony adaptor for sale.

30 quid

Stalk and display includes CD Text and MP3 ID3 Tag display on the HUD.

Anyone interested PM me.

Ive got the Pioneer DEHP8600MP in me williams with a autoleads stalk adaptor kit from halfords took some finding on their system but it is their.

Good head unit as well can change the on screen vids on it and everything.

Hi guys,

Been reading with much interest your conversations about stalk and display controls.

Is it possible with kenwood md-receivers, cos they are never mentioned on any websites. I have loads of MDs so have a KMD-673R cos it was cheap and does the job.

Anyone know if I can get a stalk and display adapter to use?

Cheers

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Youll be able to get the stalk to work...but I think youll be lucky to get the display to work! Since Ive had mine done I havent missed the display wo be honest, the new head unit has its own display which is better anyway.