ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight adjustment

Audi TT 3.2 V6
hi, just fitted new headlight after my old one shafted itself.

ive just noticed that they arent aligned correctly (shone them on the garage door) the new light points alot lower than my origional light. could anyone tell me were the headlight adjustment is plz? also is it better to take it to a garage to be aligned (if so rough price?) or will it be ok doing it at home?

cheers, russ

Lots of Alfas
I think on them lights to adjust the height you turn the white screw that is on the little servo that plugs into the light.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
davebem said:
I think on them lights to adjust the height you turn the white screw that is on the little servo that plugs into the light.
ive tried turning that with no joy, didnt even move an inch...am i right in thinkin thats something 2 do with the auto adjustment dial inside the car?

Lots of Alfas
Yeah the servo is used with the dial in the car, you should be able to adjust how far the arm of the servo comes out (or in), so it will push the light up how far you want to. Connect the servo, adjust the dial in the car so its all the way up, then screw out the servo on that side to see if it will go out anymore.

Mégane RS
not sure this helps but drivers sides meant to be lower anyways,

set them to the lowest on the inside dial then adjust them up on the headlamp then adjust inside again if needed