ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight blowing fuses and now the bulb please help me

BG 182
Brought a 53 plate clio sport today with a lefthand headlight out.

I have replaced this bulb and it worked fine for around a minute it then started to flicker and then went out so i checked the fuses and it blew the 15a fuse so i have replaced this again for it to blow it again so replaced it with s 20a fuse which it didnt blow but then the headlight blew.

im guessing this could be either a faulty ballast or possibly an earthing problem or maybe a faulty bulb ?

The bulb has gone all white with a bit of black in it and has a tiny hole in it as if it was going to explode but hasnt

any help would be very appreciated

thanks chris

BG 182
okay i thought the ballast was on the back of the bulb the black sqaure that the bulb fits in to. would i need to remove headlight to unscrew the lower ballast

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Do not fit a larger fuse to a system if it keeps blowing. If it's blowing then there is a fault in the system that is causing the fuse to blow before damaging the rest of the system.

BG 182
thats what i thought but i was told that if the bulb is flickering that its the fuse restricting the power flow to the bulb

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Find out what the correct fuse is, then put that fuse in. If it blows then you know there is a fault somewhere in the system.

BG 182
i did its a 15a fuse which is originally fitted which the headlight blew which is why i tried the 20a but this didnt work either

BG 182
I have hopefully fixed this problem it ended up being the ballast was faulty and has half burnt out so ordered a new one and hopefully problem solved :)