ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight Height Adjustment!

Ok here goes....

...fitted HID's about 6 months ago to my 197, looks spot on... however... yesterday changed the headlamp as it was steaming up... took hours taking bumper off etc... but now is first time its dark... ive realised the lamp we replaced is shining on the ground.

I bought a new headlamp and it didnt have an electric adjustment on the back so we ripped it off the old one placed it on the new one but its clear that it doesnt actually work.

So when im in the car using the electric adjustment the one we replaced doesnt shift at all and the other one does.

How hard is it to adjust manually? also how do I go about this?

Right.... looks like the electric adjuster is actualy moving the lamp... however the passenger one when up flat against my garage is about a foot lower than the drivers side.... just need to try and get my hand behing the lamp gubbing and move it?!

When I park up in front of my garage.... about 2 / 3 feet away so I can see the shine fmor the lights.... the left lamp is still pointing about a foot lower than right :( .... the manual adjustment on the headlamp doesnt seem to be working... any ideas guys n girls?

Thanks

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
If the adjuster inside the car doesnt work, on the headlight itself you need a allen key and ajust it like that, atleast that will make them level.. < thats on a ph2 tho, not 100% if its the same for 197

Yea, the auto adjuster inside the car only moves the driver side... not the faulty passenger side.

So when I open up the bonnet on top, there is a white plastic thing on top of the back of the lamp where to put a posi screwdriver, i.e. manual adjust.... but .... still wont do anything... do you mean there is something else other than this maybe?

Cheers

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
No thats what i meant, it has a space for a allen key to fit, but if that isnt doing either, then possibly it could be a faulty adjuster?

Do you kno anyone else with a 197 ? you could borrow his/her headlamp and see if its either the adjuster thats broken or just a broken wire in your loom etc,

Yea .... my old 197 headlamp had this adjuster additional small box on back of headlamp... the new one never.... so I sort of ripped it off old one and put it on this one... not sure if they can be pulled in and at though... such a pain though to get to headlamp etc.. bumper off job.... well jack up, arch liner out... unscrew one part of bumper!

Yea dont know anyone around my parts with 197 :( lol !

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
I don't think you can change them you know, because im in a situation at the moment were i have a different plug to my headlight adjuster, and iv been looking to remove it but i physically cant, so im guessing their stuck on there. so now i have to re-wire a connector.

If i was you i'd give Icarus a pm, he owns TDF (tour-de-force) in Swansea, he can could have a look for you as that's what he does with electronics,

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Are you sure the adjuster is fitted properly? If you stick your hand in the lamp itself can you move it at all?