ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

headlight question

2003 Clio 172 cup
Hi

On my headlights on the cup ive noticed there isnt that silver cover thing over the dipped beam bulbs, every other car ive had the bulb sits behind a metal reflector thing (sorry no idea on name) that shines the light back on the unit.

A pic would be useful but its dark and snowing lol

Also what bulbs would be best to upgrade to, i see non hid clios about and the lights are very very bright compared to mine, all this 5000k, 55w, 100w confuses me lol

Cheers

You mean like the VW headlight covers?

headlightvwemblem.jpg

Just a fancy thing i suppose, not sure if it does any good, but they dont come on the clios...

If your staying with normal halogen healight bulbs, i rate Osram night breakers, also philips xtreme vision are supposed to be good...

Hid kits are slightly frowned upon, but from what i can tell your not looking to get those anyway,

55w is the normal bulb wattage think, 100w are like rally bulbs... theyre not street legal and could burn the plastic lenses because there hotter.

5000k is the kelvin rating (temperature), google it if you want to see the scale...4300k is like white orange normal halogen colour i think, 5000k is white ish with a blue tinge... you start to get different K options when your looking at HID bulbs..

2003 Clio 172 cup
Yeah those little covers is what I mean. This is the first car I've came across that doesn't have them!

Not looking at hid no, normal headlights good enough for me. I take it you don't get a choice on temperature ratings with normal halogen bulbs? If not how do u get away from that yellow tinge? What's the difference to halogen and hid bulbs anyway?

With normal halogen bulbs, im not sure about the temperature, i guess they do alter slightly, Osram Night Breakers... are white compared to the standard orange bulbs, there are other white bulbs out there too is you search,

you can get cool blue bulbs from osram which i would guess are a more crisper white...

Have a search... i have Osram Night breakers for my dipped beam, for the sidelights i have philips bluevision bulbs... and not needed but i have osram uprated high beams..