ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 200 cup - changing headlight bulbs

RS 200 CUP
Both my dipped beam headlights have gone (typical when its now dark when I leave work) so its just running on sidelights now. I have bought the bulbs (H7 477 - i was told these are the correct ones) but the guides I've found to change them have all lost the images. I'd rather not have to take the bumper off if I can help it, so I'm going attempt the shredding hand method of going in from above. Can anybody send some pics as to what I need to undo or move out of the way to make this easier please? I phoned a few places as I was just going to pay to get them done but nowhere will touch them ? any help would be great please.

Clio 182
Bumper off mate.
It’s easy to do.
Few bolts underneath
One on each arch and some clips at the top.
Unplug the fogs, then pop it off.
Ideally have a mate present or lay a duvet etc at the front incase you drop the bumper as it’ll land face first.

RS 200 CUP
Bumper off mate.
It’s easy to do.
Few bolts underneath
One on each arch and some clips at the top.
Unplug the fogs, then pop it off.
Ideally have a mate present or lay a duvet etc at the front incase you drop the bumper as it’ll land face first.

Doable in a lunch hour at work you think? I had the bumper off when I had my Mk2 a few times and I think most bolts are similar places. Also dont have fog lights so thats one less thing...

Clio 182
You could do it in a lunch hour I guess but it may be tight as you also have to unbolt the headlights and remove them.

Mine had a HID conversion so I had to strip it all and refit normal H7 as the lighting was awful without projectors.

Clio 2.0 138hp
Doable in a lunch hour at work you think? I had the bumper off when I had my Mk2 a few times and I think most bolts are similar places. Also dont have fog lights so thats one less thing...
I'm pretty sure its H1 bulbs you need. H7 is for the fogs (which you don't have) and the main beam. Im pretty sure dipped beam is H1 bulbs.
You can probably do it during lunch but it wont be easy. Getting to the bolts behind the arch liner can be pretty hard without taking out the liner. And the liner is hard to take out without removing the wheels. Plus you need to be careful not to snap the bolt behind the liner as mine was rusted in. Gave it one clean yank and it snapped. So i would probably recommend giving yourself a bit more time. Unless you can reach through the bonnet. If that is the case , go for it :)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I hope you have bought Philips crystal vision ! Best bulbs you can get imo

RS 200 CUP
Can someone confirm what bulbs the indicators are on these - is it 581? Going to get some silvervisions and get them in at the same time. Might as well get most of them changed while I'm at it. I've bought H7's for my dipped beam, am I right in thinking thats correct then?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Can someone confirm what bulbs the indicators are on these - is it 581? Going to get some silvervisions and get them in at the same time. Might as well get most of them changed while I'm at it. I've bought H7's for my dipped beam, am I right in thinking thats correct then?
Giid plan. Replace all of them to minimise the likelihood of having to take the bumper off again.

RS 200 CUP
Giid plan. Replace all of them to minimise the likelihood of having to take the bumper off again.
Thats the aim, just want to make sure I'm getting the correct bulbs. Every site i go to check has the sports missing though

Clio 182
I think you can change the indicators through the wheel arch.
I’ve had so many renaults I’ve lost track of all the procedures now.

RS 200 CUP
I think you can change the indicators through the wheel arch.
I’ve had so many renaults I’ve lost track of all the procedures now.
I'm having the bumper off to change the dipped beam bulbs anyway so will do them all that way, will bear in mind for future thought thanks

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

What h7s you got?

MartinL1993

ClioSport Moderator
It is possible without the bumper off but I do remember struggling and ruining my hands in the process
+1 on changing everything while you are at it!