ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight restorer required

clio 182
in need of somebody who is confident and good with restoring headlights.

I have a "quixx" restore kit ready if needed

local to leicester
paid in £££ notes
aswell as tea and biscuits.

thanks sam

Clio Trophy
Have a go your self, watch some utube vids, it is really not that hard, loads of people on here have done their own

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Give it a go your self. I've just completed mine and they came out great. Honestly so simple, just mask off well.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
@Mikeyjp I already have lol
they don't look any better than before (if not worse) used a restore kit called "quixx"

I used that kit as it was cheaper than the others and could use it by hand and it was s**t. Mine were worse than before I started!

Got the 3M kit that you use with a drill and they're tons better, not perfect by any means but I'm happy with how much better they are.

clio 182
i will push the boat out then and try a better kit @leeds2592

I did want to avoid the drill route as I'm abit heavy handed and fear I might go to far lol

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
i will push the boat out then and try a better kit @leeds2592

I did want to avoid the drill route as I'm abit heavy handed and fear I might go to far lol

Providing you mask the area well not much can go wrong. Just put a load of masking tape around the light and have the bonnet up. Not much can go wrong then.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
As said, as long as you're sensible with it (ie, don't put loads of pressure in one area for ages) there's not much that can go wrong.

Even I used it with success so it must be pretty easy to use as I'm a spaz with cars, just ask @dann2707 haha.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3M-Headli...513237?hash=item5b00ec5915:g:StoAAOxyR7tTkCiz

Thank me later.

I have used this, and I am heavy handed with a drill, and it worked out fine. I was very surprised. I actually got 4 lenses covers worth out of a single kit, but if I were to do it again I would use the entire kit on just two to get an even better finish. Keep the drill moving around the light cover at all times to avoid going too deep in a single area, especially in the sanding stages. Top tip is to use their masking tape to tape around the lights and then apply more and layers of newspaper around it on the wing and bumper to minimise any risk of damage. Bonnet open and if you can bumper off (my bumper was off as I was putting back in standard lights as I had gash after market ones in from the previosu owner).

clio 182
don't you need a sealant for after the sand and Polish stages?

I know how to prep up etc but my main worry was drilling to much lens away lol

Renault 5 GT Turbo
There's plenty of meat toplay with on the lenses.
Definitely need some protection on then or they just fade again quickly.
I can help you out if you fancy a trip to Milton Keynes :)

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Maguire's make a 2 piece kit with 2 pads and a sealant, worked perfectly on mine. I just taped around the head light to protect the paint work and used news paper over the bonnet because the cutting compound goes every where! then just a couple of layers of the sealant spray.

I've never done anything like this before but they came out looking brand new. The kit was £10 more than the 3M kit thou.

I did use a drill attachment for the pads which sped the job up.