ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight Washer Blanks - MOT Fail on Xenons

Z4x2 & buying a 182
Am I making this up or did a recent revision to the MOT rules make NOT having headlight washers on Xenon lights a fail?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I'd like to blank mine but not sure it's worth the hassle in that case

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
It's a fail for them to be non-functioning or missing where fitted as standard.

If you've got proper washer blanks just argue it's how it left the factory.
It's not like the tester will have a ton of 15+ year old French Hot-hatches through the door every day.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
So am I now going to have to put standard headlamps on as well as refit the bus steering wheel for mot? Fml🙄
Another thing I've been thinking of doing is a smaller steering wheel, is that also a fail then?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Another thing I've been thinking of doing is a smaller steering wheel, is that also a fail then?
It was mentioned a few weeks ago, something about standard safety equipment (airbag) not being fitted. Just need to refit the standard wheel, doesn't need the airbag connecting it just needs to be there and the dash lights to work as they should.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Am I making this up or did a recent revision to the MOT rules make NOT having headlight washers on Xenon lights a fail?

Headlight washers aren't a testable item on pre september 2009 cars, so you are fine.

dan's cast offs.
it was part of the test when it got changed but then changed again so as above, pre 2009 not part of the test.

a lot of things when they are 'missing' can't fail test as they can't actually be tested so therefore can't actually fail.

Superwoman90

ClioSport Club Member
  Peugeot 207
IMG_20191103_153838954.jpg

Attachments

• 15727955022905337227085408058280.jpg
    15727955022905337227085408058280.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 90

Superwoman90

ClioSport Club Member
  Peugeot 207
I hate to be the one to say it, but they're not orientated correctly. Look good otherwise!
I didn't realise there was a particular orientation tbh, but they do look better correctly oriented when I found a pic of them on Google ;)

Superwoman90

ClioSport Club Member
  Peugeot 207
I thought they had a tab that located them in the correct orientation?
These just came with a wing nut to secure it, added a tie wrap for extra security!
Pretty expensive for what they are but I just don’t like the headlight washers.