ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

headlight washer jets?

Ford Focus ST2
ok sorry i am asking a lot of question, but the black washer jet looking thing on the 182, what are they and how do they work? i have put my head over the headlight unit and there is something connected to it??

Thanks
Rob

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
They squirt water at the headlamps at the same time the as the windscreen washer jets work.

I think the headlamp washer unit goes behind the bumper, because when i had one of my headlamp washer jets replaced Renault said they had to take of the bumper to refit the missing washer ball.

Fletcher

Ford Focus ST2
mine do not work :(

do i have to have the light on manaul and not auto (like the fog lights)??

any ideas? (the window screen one works fine)

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Mine don't work either :(

Took my car to Reno to sort out a leak i was having and they said they don't work.

Don't know if this is owt to do with it but they also informed me i need a new ECU fitted! related? you tell me. Booked in for next Wed.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
they are so bloody annoying! nicely cleaned sparkling car, driving at night, give a short blast of the windscreen to clear muck, and then you get washer fluid all over the front of the car!

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
Mine don't work:(. I hear the pump working, but when I park the car on my road (which is on an incline) and leave it and say I go back to it later. I find that the Washer fluid is trickling all over the road:(.

I know it needs to go back to Renault:(, but can't be bothered with them having the car for weeks on end and causing more problems:mad:.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
polarbert said:
they are so bloody annoying! nicely cleaned sparkling car, driving at night, give a short blast of the windscreen to clear muck, and then you get washer fluid all over the front of the car!

Yeah i try not to clean my windscreen at night, to stop those pesky headlamp washers making a mess of my bonet.

Megane225FF
if they dont work, thats a blessing in disguise.. the balls will pop out eventually or they'll leak...

Ford Focus ST2
it was because the screen wash bottle was empty :eek:

BUT and its a HUGE BUT

renault did not check it before we picked it up, i filled it up with screen wash, and bingo they work fine, then i notice that my drive was also being washed as it as a focking leak!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

And renault where meant to check it over :dapprove:

Rant over!

106 GTi
The bottles crack and leak, a few people on here have had them replaced under warrenty.