ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight Washerjet WTF!

Audi S3 Saloon
Headlight washerjet started leaking a few months back and from reading past posts, seems like it's a common problem.

Bought a brand new washerjet unit and fitted it, assuming this would solve the problem... but it's still pissing out with water!? :mad:

Any ideas, I thought there was just a valve inside which would stop the flow when the motor wasn't on? Is there something in the pipe which could affect it?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Audi S3 Saloon
Was gonna block the pipes but as mentioned, officially it's an MOT fail if they don't work :S

Just assumed this would solve it, as thought that the actual unit regulated the flow!?

Officially, they shouldn't pass. My 1.2 with Xenons and no jets passed twice at different stations though.

R26
This happened to me, took it to Renault under warranty, apparantley now Renault fit these inline non return valves on the hoses to the headlights as an approved repair. Give them a call mate and see if you can get hold of some

dean

Golf GTD Mk7
could the new unit be faulty? have you tried swapping over the one that does work to see? Presume it's leaking from the join between the pipe and the back of the unit?

Audi S3 Saloon
Cheers Presland, I will do.

It's actually just pouring out of the actual slit directing the water at the light.

I suppose it could be a faulty unit, but it's brand new so shouldn't be really.

Does anyone know how they work? Is there a valve in the actual washerjet unit?

Golf GTD Mk7
Cheers Presland, I will do.

It's actually just pouring out of the actual slit directing the water at the light.

I suppose it could be a faulty unit, but it's brand new so shouldn't be really.

Does anyone know how they work? Is there a valve in the actual washerjet unit?

It's not uncommon for people to buy parts from renault that are broken. I'd check with the other unit to be honest. As far as i'm aware they work the same as the windscreen sprays, but could be wrong.

b/g 182, meg tourer
chuck them in the bin. mot testers never even notice. i have never had any trouble at all.
the jets are crap, they leak and spray water over your clean car!

Clio 182 arctic
i had a leaking washer jet a while back, drained the bottle after a few days, i replaced them both and its never leaked again, same water in bottle for a month so far :)