ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight washers and MOT

MK3 Clio DCI 86
I heard that people last year only got advisories for non working headlight washers as some legal stuff wasn't implemented yet, now it's 2013 has this now changed to a fail or is it still an advisory ?

As you can guess mine don't work lol :dapprove:

Megane r26
Not to sure but I was pretty sure if you have xenon headlights your veichle must have a form of self leveling headlight adjustment an a form of wash wipe cleaning system.

MK3 Clio DCI 86
Aye, if you had xenons and had washers fitted from factory they must work. I swear I heard a mate recently past last year with only an advisory on this. Guess I'll just get them fixed in-case :dapprove:

July last year it passed and passed the year before that when they never worked. But things have changed since

PB Clio 172
Intresting one this now its 2013

Mine passed last year no advisory and guess what. Mine have never worked

Bux

Golf GTD
I've been told by my local place that it doesn't matter, and I've got it booked in for next week so ill find out then.

Flamer ph2 172
When I went in for some work the end of last year a young bloke there had a 1.2 and he wanted xenons on his, but was told that he would have to have working washers and they must be self levelling to pass the mot, not sure about if they are a factory fitted but if they are aftermarket you need them

BG FF 182
I had the same problem last year but was told if xenons were factory standard the headlight washers must be working so I just purchased some new headlight washers from Renault & fitted them. Cheap as chips iirc.

MK3 Clio DCI 86
So some places saying it's fine with them not working and some saying they need to be working hmmm :dapprove:

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I think it really depends on how strict they are with what they test.

Mine are unplugged and will be staying that way. Mot is next month.

Megane R26
Do headlight washers actually do anything anyway? If you spray water at your car it doesn't really clean it does it, and your windscreen wouldn't look any better without using the wipers. I can't say I've seen mine dirty enough to notice if they actually do anything or not.??

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Do headlight washers actually do anything anyway? If you spray water at your car it doesn't really clean it does it, and your windscreen wouldn't look any better without using the wipers. I can't say I've seen mine dirty enough to notice if they actually do anything or not.??

Yeah they would need to be pretty powerfull to get any dirt off the lights, if theres any dirt there to start with.

Mine have been out of action for over a year now and its passed 2 mots

MK3 Clio DCI 86
Just an update.

Mine FAILED on headlight washers :mad: So I said to the bloke I know someone who has been passed and advised recently (cs member) so he passed me in the end. He took a bit of convincing though as he was 100% sure it was a fail.

The joys of motoring!

e92 330i
Mine has passed last week and the year before. Didnt work on both occassions but nothing was said.