ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

headlights/dashboard lights wont turn on automatically!

2002 Renault Clio
Hi all,

Basically I have a clio,2003,dynamique and my headlights/dashboard lights normally automatically come on by themselves when it is dark! However recently I have noticed they haven't so I've had to turn them on my self but because im used to them turning on by themselves I forget to turn them on any idea what's going on? I had this problem before and it started working a few weeks later anyone know if it's something I've done or am I being stupid?

Thanks guys

2002 Renault Clio
Dont worry I've fixed it incase anyone is reading this with the same problem you need turn the ignition to acc ( the click before the car starts,when all dash lights are showing but the car is not running) or fully on ( engine running) and turn your lights on then off twice and you will hear a faint beep that means the auto headlights will come on when the light dims outside, which then tells the the sensor to switch on the lights if this does not work take to a dealer and they should do it for you free of charge if you explain this message to them.