ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

headlights dimming

right, ive noticed this for a while, never really paid any attention to it, until my mate absolutely laughed his ass off at it. Is it common in all clios that when playing with the electric windows etc (even lifting off the clutch ive noticed i think :S) at night, the headlights dim slightly??

Polo + Micra
i believe it is comman on the clio

it's the volt drop caused by the high current for the motor

can probably be sorted with an extra 4 awg:mad: earth

Clio 172mk2
only thing u can do is upgrade yer battery, or maybe yer alternator .

i know some cars do it if u put the fans on full.

doesnt bother me, just my friend couldnt stop laughing and making fun of french build. just wondered if it was all clios

Golf GTI 1.8T
revving stops this a little bit, but the electric windows seem to drop them the most, kick both on at the same time and its really poor!

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Yeah mine have done it both on my 1.4 Dynamic and my Trophy, TBH never really bothered me, as long as the window shuts thats fine by me.

its a 1.4 dynamique, 2004.

its not AS noticable as flashing them, but its clear somethings happening with the lights lol

Mégane RS
Yeah happens to me, they are surprisingly dull when you crank up your music, only hapen to my full beams as i have xenons and their supply is constant

With my volume up just above 'normal' a bassy song will give me a disco with my headlights. I cant have it loud at night cuz it causes havoc.