ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlights on when car unlocked?

1.2 Dynamique
I know all the new cars MB/BMW/Mercedes have this feature that when you unlock the car, the headlights turn on...

Sounds like a good idea, has anyone tried this?

Would love to have it on my car but don't have the foggiest as to how to do it!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Hmm, I think this was asked a while ago. Maybe linking the headlights up to the interior light somehow? I dunno, I'm just guessing.

Seat Ibiza
Hmm, I think this was asked a while ago. Maybe linking the headlights up to the interior light somehow? I dunno, I'm just guessing.

But every time you open the door or boot they would come on :)
I expect its some sort of timer function thats linked with unlocking and locking the car. I believe people use the term 'See me home headlights'?

This has been done, By Immi.

Wired the interior light up to the relay on the headlights. So when the light comes on the headlights do as well.

Seat Ibiza
And turn them off so when you open the door they don't come on? Wouldn't he need a better relay?

Clio Sport 16V 1.2L
You could rig up a relay to switch on the lights when the central locking is dis-engaged, maybe even have a lux-level sensor to determin whether it is dark enough to switch the lights. Plenty of circuts on the net for this type of application.

Rob.

1.2 Dynamique
Thanks for the replies,

No idea in terms of electrics...might have to see someone who's done and they could do it for me!!