ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

headlights rapidly flashing

clio 172 ph2
hi guys, as title says my headlights rapidly flash now and again. the other day when i was on the motor way they decided to cut out! only side lights were working and managed to get my fogs on for a bit of light. high beams did not work either! this has been a reocurring problem for a while now but seems to be getting worse and more frequent. now only 1 of my dipped beams work and my high beam only works on the other side. i have replaced the light/rain sensor to no joy! im very confused as to what the problem is :S:S:S

any ideas?? bad earth maybe

megane 285 sport
You tried changing the bulbs? I dont know why you woukd think the sensors the problem as it controls both sides. Xenon lights i presume?

clio 172 ph2
xenon yes. check all relays but i dont think the auto lights are controlled by a relay, its more the black box uhc thing.
when the lights rapidly flash its both lights and side lights all at the same time, as if the auto fuction is rapidly switching on and off

clio 172 ph2
another update. when my headlights start rapidly flashing, my indicators dont work and my wipers wont turn off??

please help

Check the relays for the UCH in the passenger footwell behind the glovebox. They are very easily kicked by passengers and can come loose.

This will cause havoc with your lights, indicators etc