ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

headlights

has any one had problems with them on a mrk2 clio 172. picked the car up an friday and after alot of driving at night i can only see with the main beam on. it has xeon lights but i can only see about 2 foot in front of the car. very scary when other traffic about because you cant use the mina beam. the car is an import.:(

please help

ps what a great car i love it.

my dad does on his !!

they shine to the kerb on his, so he cant see any thing in front of him !!!

he only noticed the other night when driving down some lanes, its gone in today so hopefully its sorted, his is a uk car.

strange you should say that Paul - Ive had my 172 just over a week now and find that the headlights are to low. Mike172sport told me in another message to look for a link between the back axle and a potentiometer - situated on the passenger side just before the back wheel. This is the self adjustment for the xennon lights and you should make sure that it is connected to the axle and not just hanging loose !!

mine is also an import, but then again I thought that they all were ! only difference is Renault have not skinned me for an extra 2K for the fancy forecourt display and the water cooler.

I also took my 172 into Renault on Friday and complained that the beam was low - they said that they put it on the mot tester and they were fine.

They took 2 hours to change the hazzard switch and check the lights - mind you, as the girl on the front desk said "we have cleaned your car sir !" - w**kers

hope any of this helps,

mitch