ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlights

Renault Clio Mk2
Help ... How do I change my headlights on a Renault Clio mk2 . I'm not mechanicly minded but I can pick things up very quickly with some guidance any help is much appreciated I've just put new rear lights on but can' figure out how the front come off I've managed to fix my leaking sunroof and also install new stereo and sub but can't do the headlight for the life of me

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Need to take the bumper off to change the headlights. Couple of bolts securing the ends in the front arches and then be brave and pull.

Renault Clio Mk2
I tried earlier to take off the front bumper but couldnt manage to get it off do you need to take off the front wheels and wherl arches to access the bolts keeping the bumper on

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
There’s a flap in each arch. No need to remove wheels, makes it easier if you turn them to make more room. It really is simple once you see what you need to do.

Renault Clio Mk2
Any vids anywhere that I could look at makes it so much easier watching someone point out exactly where everything is

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Someone might come along with some pictures in a bit. I haven’t got any unfortunately.

PH2 172
Need to take the bumper off to change the headlights.
JUST LIKE THAT.jpg

Renault Clio Mk2
So quick update I've managed to gain access to the bolts holding the bumper on by the bolt is just turning and can' get side panel off due to passenger wiper arm rusted and unable to lift any ideas how I'm going to get to it as I'm going to have to cut it off

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
This shows how to do it, no need to touch the wipers. If the bolts spinning you will need to try and hold the clip it goes into with pliers so you can undo it.

Renault Clio Mk2
Thanks to all that helped I managed to get them in with a little work involved ended up taking side panel off to gain access to the bolt that was turning as there was no other way need to think of another little project now that I could do and learn more about it