ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headliight Adjustment Direction

Clio 172
I've just changed the headlights on my 172. I screwed out the adjusters on the self levelling motors as much as possible to make fitting them a little easier. One I unscrewed too far and it popped out, easy to push in, turn and re-engage with the threads when the motor is out of the car, but I don't want that to happen when the motor is in the car and I have to take everything off again to find the pieces of plastic!

I know I should have paid more attention when fitting the motors so I'd know the answer, but it was all done in a bit of a rush. Which way do I turn the adjusters to pull the adjuster in to the motor? I believe it's clockwise but I want to make sure. I don't want to end up having to do the job all over again!

Clio 172
Anybody? Anybody have a spare motor they could try - which direction on the adjuster pushes the rod out, and which in?

Clio 172
I've found a spare motor and the answer to my question - anti clockwise pulls the plunger back in to the motor, clockwise pushes it out. I was going to turn in the opposite directions, unnecessary additional work to put the plunger back in avoided!