ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlining Price

Iceberg 172

I removed the headlining on my 172 to cure a rattle, which I was successful in doing.
My question now is, as the old one was slightly damaged, does anyone know the price of the headliner so I can consider replacing it with a brand new one?

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

I once started on the task of taking down headlining ... quickly decided better. Can you get a new headlining into the car without damaging it without taking the windscreen out?

Iceberg 172

I got it out with no problems, the damage is only slight and was done by a previous owner!

But at £400 itll be going back in as it is, I am NOT paying that!
Its very flexible and doesnt crease. It fits out the boot space with ease. Its only lightly glued in place.

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower

once the headlining has been removed is it possible to get at the roof panel ? the reason is that i have a dent in the panel that i would like to get removed.

looks like somebody sat something on the roof at sometime and it made the impression.

i cant believe how thin the roof panels are on the Mk1 172 !

Iceberg 172

Yeah, youd be able to push any dents back out. There is a central support running across the car, that is all!

If you wanna go for it tell me and il give you some hints on removing the panels

mgoode..............I take youve tried pushing the dent out with the headlining in place.........just a thought :)

Cya Stu