ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlining Retrim

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
I've just ordered some alcantara to re trim the heading in my 172, this may be a daft question but, to anyone who's re-trimmed their headlining before.....once its removed do i need to take the original fabric off and replace it with the alcantara or just trim over the top, or do I make a new headlining out of alcantara and use the old one as a template?

I assumed it would be like foam or something with fabric over the top, I'm yet to even start removing it so I've genuinely no idea, just wanted to get an idea of what I'm dealing with before I make a start.

(also any photos of anyone else's would be cool to see!)

Cheers!

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
I would imagine you would use spray adhesive over the top of the existing headlining, and then trim the excess around the edges before folding the edges over and sticking down.

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
I would imagine you would use spray adhesive over the top of the existing headlining, and then trim the excess around the edges before folding the edges over and sticking down.

I was thinking that, but I thought it would make the headlining too thick to fit back in properly?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Should be fine doing it like that.

I’m sure I’ve seen people spray them before.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I'd remove the original, the thin foam layer under fabric deteriorates and causes it to delaminate

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I did mine on my old 1.2, wouldn't really recommend doing it. I'd get some headlining dye or satin black and use that on the existing one.

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
just go over the top of the original

that was mine

14213694238_2a800fa867_c.jpg
Alcantara roof lining by matt eaton, on Flickr

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Since I’ve just removed mine figured you might find this helpful.
It’s glued on however if you wait until the roof is hot from the sun it comes off easily.

Attachments

• 371EC58B-4F34-4136-ABA4-0DC31FA9864D.jpeg
    371EC58B-4F34-4136-ABA4-0DC31FA9864D.jpeg
    721.3 KB · Views: 93
  • E98D85FA-99C9-4A48-945F-07391ADC77B7.jpeg
    E98D85FA-99C9-4A48-945F-07391ADC77B7.jpeg
    1,003 KB · Views: 88