ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headunit fitting help please

182 Cup
A friend of mine has an 05 plate mk2 and is currently trying to put in an aftermarket headunit.

The problem is that everytime they plug it in it appears to have power to eject CDs, but won't power the display. At first I thought it was just the headunit being past its best as it wasn't new, but he's had the same problem with another headunit and also a brand spanking new one.

He gave in and went to Halfords for them to fit one and they say that there could be something wrong with the cars electrics, but other than that were not too helpful.

Prevously the standard fit tape player was working fine, and if you plug that back in the display lights up and asks for the code.

Any help to get a working CD player in there would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

BMW 330ci Clubsport
The display will only work if you get an adapter, but having said that it should still show the clock when you turn the power on?

So I'd suggest checking that first
If that works then make sure you have all the right fittings for the headunit, check it doesn't need another power supply (Like mine does, havn't got around to doing it yet but it still works when the power is on, just forgets all your settings :mad:)
If it doesn't work then take the dash off and check all the connections, although its very unluckly something will have come loose its best to check

Clio grande 1.2 2001
Hi there right there is power getting to your head unit becuase it is ejectin cd's u do need the igition on second click to get the headunit to power up dont belive what halfords say thay are a bunch of idiots , i worked for them please tell me what happens when on second click and trying to power on , i hoped this helped aaron

Renault Clio MK2 PH2
try changing the fuse
my CD player stoped working and would only eject CD's, so i changed the fuse and it was fine

225 powered mk2
yep change the fuse and same the red n yellow wires round if you dont thats why it looses the settings.