ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headunit

The headunit should (WILL) come with something looking like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pioneer-ISO-Wiring-Harness-connector-adaptor-16-PIN-/260486967797 it's a Pioneer to ISO harness and is needed simply because HU manufacturers like to make up their own connectors to suit their design needs.

The remote cable IIRC goes to the blue wire on the above harness. I may be wrong on this though as I've never installed a sub/amp, just read how to a few times before I decided I cba with all the faffing around :p

Just to clarify you do NOT need to order that harness. It will come in the box.

+1 recommendation for getting the proper audio removal keys. £6 from Halfords or £2 on Amazon lol. You'll get told "nah mate you don't want them just use a coat hanger or screw driver innit" but the proper tool is cheap and well worth having the proper thing. I spent years using all sorts of house hold items - waste of time and effort for the sake of saving £2 and waiting for Royal Mail.

1.2 16v
I bought the exact same head unit a few weeks ago! It came with all the wires you need except you'll need to buy an adapter for the radio aerial, female to male I think? They're like 2 quid at halfords though

1.2 16v
never use the radio anyway so ill leave it off :p

stereo decent mate? is it a full size USB slot or mini usb?

Yeah I like it! Wanna upgrade my speakers though, cos I use the EQ setting "powerful" turn the volume up and it gets a bit shakey for obvious reasons! Few good options for a sub and loud effect. Yeah full size usb, I just use the aux though

1.2 16v
Will sound great with the "powerful" setting at low volumes then! High volumes will probably be better with the "natural" setting... There's a few different ones to play with though so there's always a great setting! There's an rca input in the back as well... I was just gunna link up a small amp then run probably a set of door speakers off that