ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heated front screen

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
Has anyone installed a heated front screen into there clio? I am thinking of putting on into my track car to help with defrosting etc?

obviously heated front screens don't come as standard so does anyone know how to install the wiring and relays for it etc.

thanks dan

They have 2 sections. One half on the drivers side and one on the passenger side.

I've got one fitted to my shell at the moment so if you want pics/relay numbers etc let me know and I'll send you some pics.

I just spliced it into a wire in the steering column and put the switch above the heater controls.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Road car heated front screens are tiny wires inbetween the layers of glass that are laminated to make your screen.

As it was never an option, my bet would be a one off job only which would cost you more than the car is worth !

The only other thing you could do is do it like the rear window with copper tracks led on the surface about an inch apart, but being so close it'd be like looking out of a jail door sideways I'd imagine ?!

I presume you have no HVAC unit any more so can't clear it that way ?

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
Adam if you could send me some pictures that would really help. I'm going to have to wire it in from scratch as I'm using a mk2 she'll but mk1 wiring loom so it's not going to be straight forward