ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heated seats not working properly

Clio
Hi

I have a 1999 Clio 1.2 (Ph1) and the heated seats are not working properly. The fuse is ok (I checked) and the when I press the button to turn it on, it lights up. But it doesn't get warm.

Any hints to what I can do to fix it? It's getting cold in the mornings here :dapprove:

Ian

Focus TDCi
Lol, a 1.2 Clio with heated seats - doesn't sound like the Renault I know! However, as you live in Norway I'll accept it's probably true. Never heard of it in the UK though, so you may be struggling for specific advice.

None :(
That would tick all the box's if 182's had heated seats also ;)

Don't think we're much help to his problem tho :p

CB1N
The system has a thermostat which activates heating only when the passenger compartment temperature is less than 12 degrees Celsius +- 4 tolerance. Maybe not cold enough :)

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
You will probably find there is a break in the seat loom, it means taking the upholstry off the seat and taking the loom out and replacing it. iirc the Laguna ones were IRO £300, so probably best off trying to find one second hand.

Clio
vladoje, it snowed yesterday, and I tried them. Still nothing, but definitively cold enough. But thanks for the tip!

Sash, I'll see if I find anything :)

Mondeo ST220
Not that it helps but my drivers heated seat has stopped working in my Mondeo! Really annoying. Passenger seat still works though. Why does it break just as it's getting cold outside.

On another note, never ever heard of a 1.2 clio with heated seats. Not surprised in Norway!