ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heated wing mirror wiring

Clio mk4 1.5dci
Can someone tell me which wire goes to which terminal on the back of the drivers wing mirror glass. Theres two wires & one is orange & the other is brown. I should have looked at the wires when I uncoupled the wires from the broken mirror glass, but I was a bit pissed off because some tw*t had smashed the duckin thing & dented the drivers door.

Ta
Rich

Civic Type-S GT
IIRC it doesn't really matter too much, just test it - if you've got it worng it'll either not work or blow the fuse

Clio mk4 1.5dci
I didn`t know either until some hunt smashed it & it was the wires that stopped it falling onto the road & causing more damage. On the back of the mirror where the two terminals are, you can clearly see two small bits of wire going onto the glass, so I assumed that it must be some kind of demister element. Its funny because when I was looking at the car before I bought it, it didn`t mention owt about heated wing mirrors in the ad. I figured that heated wing mirrors would only be standard on trims such Initiale or a 182.

all clios from mk2 ph1 onwards with electric mirrors are also heated. the heater element comes on with the rear window demister