ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heater blowing warm all the time

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
My heater has decided that no matter what temp i set it to, even with air. con. warm air blows out of vents. Bit on a intermittant problem, but would like to get it sorted. Any ideas?

Mountune Tractor
Is the air really hot?
I had this problem in mine and I'm afraid it's bad news if it's the same thing.:dapprove:
Basically there is a motor buried deep within the centre console which regulates the hot/cold air coming into the car. This is built into the centre colsole and if the cog snaps or wears down then it is not just a case of changing it, you have to change the whole centre unit. Fortunately I was covered on warranty but be warned if yours isn't.......the labour comes to approx 10 hours.

RS Clio 200
get parts and do it yaself... 10 hours lol... fiver says that included a visit to the local cart track

Mountune Tractor
Seriously, it is not an easy job. I know the mechanic and it wasn't a stitch up. It's a big part as well, wouldn't like to guess how much that costs.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
It's not really hot, but i can regulate the temperature with the + and - buttons. Just Sometimes wont blow really cold. Ok in winter, but not too good when summer comes!

clio 172
my heater is doing the same thing ive had a look and found where the motor locates in the heater box the cog is flaired open and the motor cant turn the temperature adjuster spoken to renault over the phone they say new box either 150+vat or 440+vat cant u just buy the cog???

clio 172
dont know which one it is depending on which heater box youve got
ive got mine working by adjusting the temperature with the blower on low speed so if its blowing hot put the blowers on full so its all set to high then bring the blower speed down to 3bars or below and adjust the temperature down wait a second for the motor to turn then put the blower speed back up then u should get that temperature im gonna live with that rather than spending fortune.. hope it works

Clio 172 Mk2
Is the air really hot?
I had this problem in mine and I'm afraid it's bad news if it's the same thing.:dapprove:
Basically there is a motor buried deep within the centre console which regulates the hot/cold air coming into the car. This is built into the centre colsole and if the cog snaps or wears down then it is not just a case of changing it, you have to change the whole centre unit. Fortunately I was covered on warranty but be warned if yours isn't.......the labour comes to approx 10 hours.

Holy f*ck! 10 hours labour?

My car is blowing really hot air no matter what I do on the climate control panel! And what a time for it to go - just when summer is almost here :( Dont think I can afford 10 hours worth of labour - does anyone know how to get at the motor assembly and how much it costs? Is there anyway of winding it so it stays in the cold position?

172, Westfield
This hapening to mine now!

Intermitantly my mk2 172 will just blow hot air no matter what settings its on!

Anyone manage to fix this themselves so far?

Don't fancy 10 Hrs Labour!!

This hapening to mine now!

Intermitantly my mk2 172 will just blow hot air no matter what settings its on!

Anyone manage to fix this themselves so far?

Don't fancy 10 Hrs Labour!!

As said dashboard out and strip down.

Can be done quicker than 10 hours but its not a quick jobbie as such.

172, Westfield
Edde - is this something that could reasonably be done as a DIY job?

Dont mind putting the hours in as long as its not ging in renaults pocket!

ANy guides or anyhting about?