ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

heater controls

i need to get the heater control panel out. in the haynes manual it says i need to take the cd player out first then the control panel. do i really need to take the cd player out cos it seems like a lot of hassle to me, i dont have the special tool thing to get radio out, plus i need one of those wierd renault star shaped screwdrivers. does anyone know what to do?

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

you dont need to take the radio out but you do need a star screwdriver.

yeah it aint as hard as it sounds. ive done it on mine a couple of time to change the bulbs. If you dont take your CD player be careful when you pull the unit out that the cables arent caught and get damaged. Apart from that its just a case of unscrewing and removing the whole unit. The heater panel will then come out by pushing back, twisting it and sliding it out diagonally.

HTH
Dazz

PS whats up with the heater?

the heater doesnt work. the blower thing isnt blowing (if that makes sense!?) and one of the knob things doesnt turn!

where do i get a star screwdriver from?

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

The blower for the heater is located under the scuttle panel in front of the windscreen. There were a couple a posts in the discussion section a few months ago about it (quite a common problems on mk1s). Do a search and you should be able to find it. The blower in mine packed up two months but I still havent got round to fixing it!

Rick

yeah my heater has been f**ked for about a year now, thought id fix it before winter came round again and i had to drive wearing about 20 layers cos its so bloody cold in my car!!.

to fix it though i think i need to take the whole dash off?

Anyway, cheers, ill do a search.

does it work on phase 3? or not at all? when i got mine it didnt work on 1 or 2, turned out the resistor needed replacing

hth

dazz

doesnt do a thing. very occasionally it suddenly starts blowing then stops. could it be loose connection of something?