ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heater fan for track car

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys!
Looking for a little tech advice. Bought a 172 cup already stripped and "preped" for track use as they called it but currently have no working windscreen fan. Then standard fan is still in place under the scuttle panel but all the heater matrix and control switches are long gone.
I'm going to croft on the 17th for a play and with the weather constantly changing if it rains I'm screwed as I can't demist the screen. I have bought a variable swith with a low medium and high setting but was just wondering if I would need to some how wire it into the fan resistor or if I could just bypass it and go straight onto the red and black wires attached to the motor.
I'm fabricating a section today which will turn 180° back on itself from the fan exit on the bulk head up to the hole for the screen blowers where the matrix would normally route the air to on screen demist.
The switch is of eBay and item number is 272083513477 if you wanted to look at what I have to work with.
Any advice welcome as wiring isn't my strong suit
Cheers mike

172 Ph1
So long as the resistor is still in place on the fan unit and in circuit - the fan switch will work fine .
Just connect the 1st switch output to the slowest speed and work through to 2nd and 3rd.

As its a 3 speed position - you choose what you want speed wise to work .

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Yea thanks just got it all finished now.
Put in an isolator switch to a 70amp relay then the switch on to the first position and bridged the live from the relay out straight onto the live fan wire. Works like a dream.
2 in line fuses a 30amp between the relay and Fan and a 5amp between the isolator and switch live