ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heater fans not working

Hey guys,

My heaters stopped blowing about 6 months ago, i was never too bothered but now its getting bloody cold, i need some heat!

The thing is the heat is coming through into the car but only when i am driving (the air being pushed through) And i can change the temp aswell, but they are just not blowing.

I have fitted another heater resistor pack, and it made no difference (Apart from it gets alot hotter than it did, still no blowing though)

I have checked the fuses and they look alright, so i am wondering what the problem is?

Is there a motor for the fans that could have given up? If so, where is it etc?

Also, its abit random, sometimes, maybe 1 in 100 times if i put it on recirculate the fans come on full but only on my feet for a second, then thats it.

Any help guys?

Today they came on when I started the car. They seemed abit reluctant to come on but they did and were on for about 5 mins. Then just faded out :s any idea?

Arctic 182
Have a search on here mate i did resistor pack and mine still didnt work checked all in car fuses and did motor, ended up being a big green 30A fuse under the bonnet near all the relays,chesk all the above and if your still not blowing do a good old search on here.

Focus RS + S3
if you bridge the connections 1 and 5 on the resistor pack plug, if the heaters blow at full force its a faulty resistor pack

its the test i did to make sure it was my pack at fault

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Summary, check fuses under bonnet, if it's not that, check resistor pack by doing the test hodgins mentions, if it's that, get it repaired/replaced. Sorted.

Right, had a mess arround with it today. Turns out if i squeeze my hand down below the heater motor, to the plug underneath, and push the plug, it comes on! Only thing is, now im not to sure how to make it stayed "pushed"

I do have another loom, so could replace it with that.

My question now is, how do you get access to the bottom of the heater motor? My hand can reach the plug, but not at an angle to enable me to pull it out!