ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

heater matrix

ive just been talking to my friend, and he asked me how much roughly would it cost to fix the heather matrix on his H platte clio. I said i was unsure so i thought i would ask u lot, im sure some1 can give me a rough price

thanks

lee

the actual matrix was £25 from bb performance when i looked a while ago, but fitting it is where the big labour cost is, as they wanted something like £250.

unless you do it your self then it will be al ot cheaper

ex Clio 172 owner :(

And by the way, yes the heat comes from the engine which is why you have to wait for the engine to get hot before you feel any heat.

The matrix is like a smaller version of the radiator. When you want heat you switch it to hot. Hot coolant flows into it and the fan blows the hot air it creates into the cabin. Its because of this, you can use to it (to an extent) to withdraw heat from an overheating car into the cabin (just lower the windows though!) and keep the engine temperature lower. My RT used to get very hot and I frequently had to have the heater on full whack to stop it getting too hot.

I got a quote for a heater matrix for my valver from Renault. They want £60 for the matrix then £430 odd quid to fit it.................... BARGAIN me finx not!!!

I have just bought a matrix from BBPT and including VAT & Delivery it was £54!

Im gonna give it a go and change it myself this weekend!!

TBH flushing is only a temperary measure!! I flushed mine about 5 weeks ago and it was fine for 3 or 4 days then it f**ked up again!!

What a waste of a day ans money flushing as you have to take the fron bumper off!!

In the time it took me to flush it all out i could of replaced the matrix and saved my self loads of hassle!!

Oh well hopefully i will have a nice and warm car again next week!!

ive fitted a new thremostat, and the 2 pipes into the matrix get very hot, but no heat comes out, well only for a bit when i close the vents,and open them again the heat only lasts for about 30 secs,

and ive flusehed it thru.

so do you reckon i need a new one too ??

Quote: Originally posted by cat171 on 28 November 2003

ive fitted a new thremostat, and the 2 pipes into the matrix get very hot, but no heat comes out, well only for a bit when i close the vents,and open them again the heat only lasts for about 30 secs,

and ive flusehed it thru.

so do you reckon i need a new one too ??

Exactly the same problem i am getting mate!!

Im gonna change mine then get the low temp thermostat, and low temp fan switch for when i get the willy engine fitted!!!

Mrs' valver! &myV6 veccy

My heater fans dont actually work at all. Ive been wondering for a while what it is? Its not a problem at the moment coz the cars off the road. However when i get it back im gonna need the heater working to demist the windscreen.

Ive checked all the fuses quickly, and they all seem fine. Its been this way since i got the car. Stupid me didnt bother checking them when i went to see it!

Anyone got any ideas what it could be please?

Cheers,

Al

clio 20v

i did my heater matrix its not a nice job very fiddly but its not too difficult

ive got some instructions on my pc that mat brown sent me if you want em the dash doesnt have to come out it jus needs to be unbolted and pulled forward

adi

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

unbolt the dash so you can move it forward slightly,remove the matrix houses under the bonnet,remove the scuttle panel trims to acces the 10ml bolts holding the heater box in place,undo the matrix screws,twist the heater box round slightly to allow the matrix to come out easier and slide out the matrix.peice of piss,jay

Mrs' valver! &myV6 veccy

Any ideas if thatll be whats gone on mine?

Dunno though coz its not workin at all. No blowers whatsoever.

Al

Mrs' valver! &myV6 veccy

Also i was wondering whether phase I and II switches for the fans are interchangeable?

I think the phase I controls are very boxy and id like to put the 1s out of my RT in if possible when i get the fan working again that is!

Mrs' valver! &myV6 veccy

Thought as much, just needed to get it confirmed before i started ripping my RT up!

Cheers fella!