ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heater problems

Hi, I have a K reg mk 1 clio and i am having problems with the interior heating system. all i can get to come out of the heaters is luke warm air, even if the dial is turned to maximum heat and the engine is fully warmed up.

has anyone else had this problem who could suggest a way to fix this?

Cheers

VaVa
Have you checked your coolant level? That's the easiest thing to check.

Could be stat.. gunged pipes/ways etc scaled heater matrix or rad....

yeah i have checked the coolant level and that is all perfectly fine. do you think i should take it to a mechanic?

BMW M3 - For Sale!
mate, theres loads of us in the same boat as you. please let everyone know if u find a solution

brad

I had this same problem on my Astra - I tried draining then flushing it with all sorts of potions, nothing worked at first.
Then I tried something different, find the water pipes under the bonnet that connect to the heater matrix inside the car - usually they are rubber pipes that connect to metal pipes poking through the bulkhead.
undo a pipe and start the engine to see if you can figure out which way the water flows. Once you know which way it flows undo both pipes and connect a garden hose to the outlet pipe - then turn on the mains pressure and reverse flow the water out of the tap and through the matrix.
When I did mine it was like the sewer had leaked onto the drive, so filled up with brown crap - mind u it worked like a dream afterwards.

Richy

172 cup,s2 rs turbo
yep as above a flush may revive it. if not completly flush/clean the cooling system and fit a new matrix.

Renault Clio 172
Mine did this but was a loose heater matrix or something, now on a different clio and I have a problem with the fan settings not changing (went over a bump and seemed to work and now they don't again?Freezing cold in the mornings!